Why choose an ASC?
All healthcare facilities in the United States are highly regulated to ensure quality care and patient safety. Ambulatory Surgical Centers (ASCs) are not exempt from meeting these standards. Our facility is independently regulated by processes including state licensure and Medicare certification. Our center offers a relaxed environment with medical staff focused on offering individualized patient care. Our specialized staff helps each patient’s visit go as efficiently and smoothly as possible.
ASCs work to provide the best surgical experience possible at a lower cost to patients. Since we do not have the same overhead of a surgery facility that offers emergency surgery and a range of procedures including those for the critically ill, our ASC is typically able to perform your procedure at the same high level of care with the same specialized attention but at a lower cost, and patients don’t have to wait to see the savings. In an effort to make pricing more transparent, cost information is generally available to patients prior to surgery.
ASCs increasingly are becoming the facilities of choice for patients. As the industry grows, so does the list of outpatient procedures available to patients in a local, personalized setting. Scheduling and resources are more efficient, which means fewer surgery delays for patients. We know exactly how many patients we will serve each day and can, therefore, staff appropriately to ensure personalized care. Our priority in the ASC is you and your procedure.
Why choose Parkway Surgical Center?
- Some of our patients pay up to 50% less in out-of-pocket expense for the same surgical procedure than if it were performed at a local hospital.
- Patients can conveniently access registration, waiting rooms, surgical suites and recovery rooms, all in the same location.
- Being smaller than an acute-care hospital allows us to really tend to our patients, giving them a relaxed, friendly environment in which to rest and recuperate; and allows for more personalized care.
- To meet a patient’s specific scheduling needs, we offer a number of scheduling options. All surgeries at an ASC are scheduled, so your procedure is less likely to be delayed by an emergency case.
- Risk of infection after/with surgery is frequently a patient concern; with Parkway Surgical Center’s near-zero surgical site infection rate, your risk for infection after surgery is significantly less than at an acute-care hospital.
Below are some of the common procedures performed at Parkway Surgical Center:
- Inguinal Hernia Repair
- Femoral Hernia Repair
- Incisional/Ventral Hernia Repair
- Umbilical Hernia Repair
- Epigastric Hernia Repair
- Spigelian Hernia Repair
- Advanced Breast Care
- Simple Mastectomy
- Core Needle Biopsy
- Lesion & Mass Excision
- Seton Placement and Exchange
- Pilonidal Cyst Excision
- Excision of Anal Lesions
- Skin Cancer & Mass Removal
- Sebaceous Cyst
- Skin Cancer (various types)
- Lymph Node Excision & Biopsy
- Mass – Unknown Diagnosis (Diagnostic Excision/Biopsy)
- Advanced Wound Care
- Incision & Drainage of Abscess
- Wound Vac Therapy Placement
- Miscellaneous General Surgery Procedures